When it comes to the programming language abilities businesses want most, HackerRank has found a handful of languages bunched at the best of the record, which includes Java, Python, and SQL. Desire for many others, this kind of as Go and TypeScript, is growing but trails much at the rear of need for the leaders.
These conclusions and some others are featured in the 2023 HackerRank Developer Techniques Report, which was released November 10. The report is based mostly on details culled from HackerRank’s have platform, fairly than relying on survey responses, as with past HackerRank experiences. The report ranks the most in-desire program engineering abilities and programming languages between employers and developers, based mostly on the selection of language-precise abilities assessments the company carried out in the past year.
To estimate employer desire for particular languages, HackerRank Function exams had been assessed. Talent need was assessed dependent on the selection of HackerRank Work checks making use of distinct library inquiries. To evaluate developer tastes, HackerRank tracked submitted languages by candidates when they have a number of alternatives readily available, as very well as proficiency in those people languages. HackerRank Community apply information also was assessed.
In other conclusions in HackerRank’s report:
- R and Scala skilled a loss of builders in 2022.
- Languages that grew in 2021 and 2022 are envisioned to keep on to develop in 2023, together with Java, Python, and SQL.
- The need for Relaxation API capabilities grew by 179%.
- Demand for Docker capabilities has been eclipsed by that for Kubernetes container orchestration techniques.
- Employer and developer desire for knowledge science and device studying techniques is escalating.
- General, the tech sector proceeds to expand, though growth in 2022 slowed in comparison to 2021.
Copyright © 2022 IDG Communications, Inc.